Sunday 23 October 2011

My Week in Food Pictures

Well I promised some food pics, and really I hadn't forgotten. I took some but I wasn't too sure that they looked appetising enough, but a promise is a promise!

Kassler with White Beans and Boiled Potatoes

Much tastier than it looks!

Kassler is a bit like Gammon, this was boiled in a small amount of stock rather than griller or fried.  I have to admit to not really eating many beans, apart from the British staple of Baked Beans of course, but these were very delicious.  Cooked with onions, some of the stock from the Kassler and Schmand, which is a thick sour cream.

Steak and Onions with Fried Potatoes and Carrots

See caption to first picture...
Not much to say about this apart from the steak was very lean, very yummy and all the better for some fried onions, the potatoes could have been a lot better if I could have used about 10 times more oil and a better non sticker pan =P

Chicken Breast in Soya Sauce with Rice, Kohlrabi, Broccoli and Red Cabbage

Certainly more colourful, equally delicious :)
Actually the title is a slight lie, the chicken was indeed poached in a Soya Sauce based liquid, which I later popped the kohlrabi in to soften while it reduced into a more sauce-like consistency.  However when asking Uwe to quickly drain the broccoli for me, he was using his super efficient German genes to drain the kohlrabi too! Luckily we had a sachet of WeightWatchers Cream Sauce in the cupboard which I had been meaning to test out anyway, it was good and I shall purchase more emergency packets tomorrow!  The cabbage is the same recipe as I used here.

So as I just mentioned it is WWWeigh-in tomorrow and as usual I am not confident about it at all, I have been sneaky weighing at home and the beginning of the week was great, I was seeing a new low, but as the week progressed and I stuck 100% on plan the weight was going back up again.  I know we have irregular fluctuations in weight, but if I do gain tomorrow I am going to be so upset because I have tried so hard.  I am trying not to think about it, especially as the old saying goes "It ain't over until the fat lady gets weighed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment